What Vintage Fitness is doing to respond to the Corona virus concern
Vintage Fitness personal trainers go into people’s home as opposed to having a facility where large groups gather so our risk of transmitting viruses is low. We have taken some precautions to do what we can to make the risk even lower.
- All trainers carry hand sanitizer which they use between each client both on their hands and on any exercise equipment they bring with them
- Trainers cancel any sessions with clients if they are feeling unwell and ask clients to do the same
- Here is a bit of information and a few tips from one of our trainers, Dr Don Fitz-Ritson
Doctor's advice about coronavirus:
- It is pretty large in size (cell is about 400-500nm diameter), so any normal mask (not just the N95 feature) should be able to filter it out. However, when someone who's infected sneezes in front of you, it will take a great 3 meters (about 10 feet) before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
- When the virus drops on metal surface, it will live for at least 12 hours. So remember if you come in contact with any metal surface, wash your hands with soap thoroughly.
- The virus can remain active on fabric for 6-12 hours. Normal laundry detergent should kill the virus. For winter clothing that does not require daily washing, you can put it out under the sun to kill the virus.
About the symptoms of the pneumonia caused by Coronavirus:
- It will first infect the throat, so the throat will have the dry sore throat feeling which will last for 3 to 4 days.
- Then the virus will blend into the nasal fluid and drips into the trachea and enter the lungs, causing pneumonia. This process will take 5 to 6 days.
- With pneumonia, comes high fever and difficulty in breathing. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You will feel like you are drowning in water. It's important to go seek immediate medical attention if you feel like this.
The most common way of getting infected is by touching things in public, so you must wash your hands frequently. The virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 mins, but a lot can happen in those 5-10 mins (you can rub your eyes or nose without thinking about it).
Would you like a free consultation with Bill? Call or text 416-951-7978.
What Should I do now?
Vintage Fitness is an in-home personal training company in Toronto, Canada. We specialize in energizing the lives of people over 50 with exercise.
Fields marked * are required
- Abdominal / Waist Exercises
- Aches and Pains
- Aging Well
- Back exercises
- Brain Health
- Elastic Band Exercises
- Exercise Programs
- Fitness Goals
- Flexibility Exercises
- Guest blog
- Heart Health
- Incontinence Exercises
- Leg Exercises
- Neck Exercises
- Online Training
- Personal Training
- Strength exercises
- Weight Loss
- Women’s Health