10 tips to sticking with exercise over the holidays
The holiday season is a difficult time of the year to keep fitness and weight under control. The winter, the parties, too much food. Here some practical advice to enjoy and survive this season
- Schedule your exercise sessions like you would a doctors appointment in your calendar
- Do a walking visit with a friend instead of a lunch
- Promise to buy yourself a treat in January if you walk 10,000 steps a day in the next 24 hours
- Write your new years resolutions now
- Plan to try on-line training for free in January with the founder of Vintage Fitness, Erin Billowits. I am running a “free upon completion” to keep you exercising.
- Build walking into the running around that you need to do before the holidays- can you walk instead of taking the car to the bank or toy-store?
- Try the Vintage Fitness full body exercise programs customized for people over 50
- Build your “dream week” including slots for exercise over the weekend- how can you change your schedule to make at least part of your dream week a reality?
- Ask a friend to be your exercise accountability buddy for the month of December and e-mail each other at the end of every week listing the exercise you did.
- If you would rather not mix friendship with exercise make me your exercise accountability buddy. Drop me a note at email@example.com. The chances of you exercising regularly in December will go up dramatically and it is free!
Vintage Fitness & Spirit50
Vintage Fitness is an in home personal training company in Toronto, Canada. We specialize in energizing the lives of people over 50 with exercise.
Spirit50 is an On-line personal training with an expert in 50+ fitness. Inspiring movement for life.
- Abdominal / Waist Exercises
- Aches and Pains
- Aging Well
- Back exercises
- Brain Health
- Elastic Band Exercises
- Exercise Programs
- Fitness Goals
- Flexibility Exercises
- Guest blog
- Heart Health
- Incontinence Exercises
- Leg Exercises
- Neck Exercises
- Personal Training
- Strength exercises
- Success Stories
- Vitual Training
- Weight Loss
- Women’s Health