Frieda is a retired teacher, who after over 20 years in the classroom has embraced a second career as a personal trainer. With certification as a Personal Trainer Specialist, a certificate in Training Older Adults and a Nutrition and Weight Loss expert, her goal is to help her clients, of all ages, to stay fit and healthy. She uses resistance training, directs and supports proper eating habits and weight management, thus avoiding health issues related to inactivity and over weight. Frieda enjoys challenging her clients to improve their functional strength in order to keep them active well into their older years.
- Canfitpro: Fitness Specialist Certification.
- Canfitpro: Training Older Adults Specialist Certification
- Nutrition and Weight Loss Qualifications
- Canfitpro: Common Medical Conditions and Exercise Prescription for the Older Adult
- Canadian Arthritis Society: Arthritis of the Hip and Knee, Arthritis of the Hand, Arthritis of the Neck and Back
- Osteoporosis Canada: Bone Fit Training
Frieda's Service Area
Frieda trains clients in the Scarborough area.
Frieda enjoys strength training and running, having completed several marathons. As an added activity she ballroom dances several times a week
"I've been working with Erin, and then Leigh, for almost two years and it's been great. They both have a warm, empathetic approach and have developed very effective cardio and strength-training programs for me. I enjoy the sessions and am definitely much stronger since I started with them. I highly recommend Vintage Fitness for a personalized, effective approach to fitness!"